30th May 1896: Beginning of construction of Uganda Railways.
1899: Rail head reach Nyrobi, name later changed to Nairobi.
1900: The line reached Nakuru
19th Dec 1901: Rail line completed and reached Port Florence now named Kisumu.
1915: Completion of Konza to Magadi line.
1920: Voi to Taveta line completed
1924: The line reached “64” (Now Eldoret)
26th Feb 1926: Name Uganda Railway changed to Kenya and Uganda Railways
27th Dec 1927: Became Kenya and Uganda railways and harbours.
12th Aug 1929: Present Headquarters Building opened.
1930: Nairobi to Nanyuki line completed.
14th Jan 1931: Jinja Kampala line opened connecting through to Mombasa.
1932: Kisumu to Butere line completed.
1st May 1948: Became East Africa Railways and Harbours
1950: Nairobi made city.
1st June 1969: East Africa Railways Corporation established.
1977: End of East Africa Railway Corporation Administration.
20th Jan 1978: Present Kenya Railway Corporation was formed through an Act of Parliament.
1st Nov 2006: Kenya Railways goods and passenger services conceded to Rift Valley Railways.
One end wall displays various company crests, which themselves trace the history of the railways in East Africa: the Uganda Railway, 1896; Tanganyika Railways, 1919; Kenya and Uganda Railway, 1926; East Africa Railways, 1969 and the most recent, Kenya Railways, 1978.